Civil Construction Estimator
Blakemore Construction is a team of professionals that specialize in commercial paving and highway construction for multiple industries. We fuse the technical expertise of our team with industry experience to deliver quality projects for our customers. Our years of project experience and focus on quality have built a solid reputation as Richmond’s leading paving and grading contractors. Our crews work seamlessly to provide quality work, great customer service, and a lasting product for every project.
We have been providing commercial paving services for over 50 years. We have a proven record of accomplishment when it comes to high-quality highway construction and completing projects on time with a stable, durable, and resilient product.
Blakemore Construction is currently seeking an experienced Civil Construction Estimator with a strong background in project management and civil construction work.
This position’s roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Attend pre-bid meetings and perform site work evaluations
- Identify labor, material and time requirements required to perform work
- Quantify takeoffs and complete estimate preparation for piping, concrete and earthwork
- Subcontractor, supplier and client interactions
- Preparation of Request for quotations and analysis of subcontract and material proposals
- Ability to multi-task and handle tight deadlines
- Ability to perform, if necessary, as project manager on projects ranging between $1-8 million
- Ability to perform a variety of duties that may often change and work within standards of accuracy
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds. Stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. Ability to see well and distinguish between back up alarms, voices and other normal sounds consistent with construction job sites.
- Work inside 85% of time and outside 15% of time in all weather conditions
This position requires a minimum of 4 years of heavy civil construction experience. A bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering Management, Civil Engineering, or other related engineering degree is a plus. Candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent computer skills, be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, have a valid driver’s license, and be a team player who is able to get along with a diverse group of people working towards a common goal. Primavera and AutoCad skills are a plus.
Blakemore offers a competitive pay and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability and a 5% 401k match.
If you are interested in joining the Blakemore team, please submit your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Blakemore Construction is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship.