Blakemore Construction is now looking to hire a general laborer. This position requires heavy physical duties on a variety of tasks which are generally either unskilled or semi-skilled in nature. Duties will vary depending on the type of work assigned to the crew. A general laborer can become a specialist within a crew. Competitive hourly rate based on experience. Immediate start following interview of all applicants.
- Digging, spreading and shoving dirt and gravel using pick and or shovel.
- Lifts, carries and holds building materials, tools and supplies.
- Cleans tools, materials and work areas.
- Mixes, pours and spreads concrete, asphalt, gravel, and other material using hand tools.
- Performs a wide variety of manual tasks including pipe assembly, pipe cutting and laying, removal or forms from set concrete, taking layout shots, directing equipment operators on cuts and fills, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned
Training & Experience
- 1 – 2 years of experience on construction sites.
- GED/high school diploma or related work experience.
- Trade school a plus.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work efficiently under deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl and climb all day
- Able to lift and carry loads within limits set by OSHA regulations
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Noise level is generally loud.