Blakemore Construction is currently seeking an experienced Grading Foreman to coordinate operations and oversee workers at construction sites. As the point of reference of both workers and supervisors, you will be a key person for the completion of a project. A Grading Foreman has a solid background in the field. Your leadership skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well organized and favor safety above everything else.
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans.
- Monitor attendance of crew.
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities.
- Supervise and train workers and tradespeople.
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met.
- Properly follows company and OSHA safety procedures. Brings problems to the attention of their manager.
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment.
- Resolve problems when they arise.
- Ensures drivers and operators are performing routine inspections and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to the shop; keeps equipment/trucks clean and in a professional manner.
- Days and hours of work vary based on job size and job locations. Evening and weekend work is required as job duties demand.
Training & Experience
- Proven experience as a Grading Foreman
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSHA guidelines
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Aptitude in math
- Problem-solving abilities
- Good physical condition and stamina
- High School diploma or diploma in a skilled trade (electrician, carpenter, etc.)
- OSHA 10 hour preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background check, motor vehicles records check
- A valid Class A CDL is a plus
- Able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl and climb all day
- Able to lift up to 90 pounds
- Requires the following specific types of vision: close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Able to work with moving mechanical parts, high/precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic/caustic chemicals
- Able to work in high, precarious places as well as in extreme heat and extreme cold
- Able to work in moderate to loud work environment