Grading General Superintendent
Blakemore Construction is currently seeking an experienced Grading General Superintendent with a strong background in management and heavy highway work. Responsible for directing and managing the Grading Superintendents and activities in the field.
- Gains complete understanding of plan details and specifications of the job assigned including estimate, man-hour budget and communicates plan details to the assigned superintendent on the job.
- Plans and organizes work to maximize potential crew productivity by employing delay free production; maximizes equipment utilization levels by ensuring availability and operator effectiveness. Coordinates with operations on the project needs for equipment and labor.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of job.
- Ensure schedule is meeting deadlines and financial budget. Attend job meetings as required.
- Schedules field personnel assignments.
- Inspects construction and utilities work as necessary.
- Ensures safety is carried out throughout the construction process and job site.
- Conducts all work in compliance with Blakemore Construction’s policies, procedures and programs.
- Properly follows company and OSHA safety procedures. Brings problems to the attention of the Vice President.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving all grading crew time cards.
- Responsible for reviewing, coding and approving all grading invoices.
- Days and hours of work vary based on job size and job locations. Evening and weekend work is required as job duties demand.
- Performs other duties as required.
Training & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required (equivalent work experience will be considered)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred (continuing education in construction highly desirable)
- Minimum 8 years of construction experience with at least 3 years of construction supervisory experience required
- Experience with highway, bridge, site development, grading or underground utilities
- Considerable knowledge of occupational hazards and safe work practices.
- OSHA 30 hour certification required (those not having this credential must certify or be enrolled in a certification course within 6 months of hire/promotion)
- Must have a strong safety record
- A valid Class A CDL and clean driving record is a plus
- Must successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and motor vehicles records check
- Able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl and climb all day
- Able to lift up to 90 pounds
- Requires the following specific types of vision: close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Able to work with moving mechanical parts, high/precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic/caustic chemicals
- Able to work in high, precarious places as well as in extreme heat and extreme cold
- Able to work in moderate to loud work environment
- Position requires extensive travel to and from job sites to monitor status of jobs.