Heavy Equipment Operator
Blakemore Construction is currently seeking an experienced Heavy Equipment Operator with a strong background in heavy highway work. Many of Blakemore’s projects are in areas that have many underground utilities. Being able to work around existing utilities is required. The ability to operate various pieces of equipment is a plus.
- Properly follows company and OSHA safety procedures. Brings problems to the attention of their superintendent.
- Complete daily maintenance of equipment.
- Work around existing utilities.
- Maintain a high level of production and efficiency.
- Take direction from Foreman or Superintendent.
Training & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in heavy highway construction as an operator
- Ability to analyze the condition of equipment
- Ability to read survey layout
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must have a strong safety record
- Must successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background check, motor vehicles records check
- Able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl and climb all day
- Able to lift and carry loads within limits set by OSHA regulations
- Requires the following specific types of vision: close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Able to work with moving mechanical parts, high/precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic/caustic chemicals
- Able to work in high, precarious places as well as in extreme heat and extreme cold
- Able to work in moderate to loud work environment